Monday, November 26, 2012

Jennifer

Thanksgiving 2012
Have I ever told you about my lovely sister, Jennifer? She's the older sister, much more patient and loving sister, and she was graced with long, slender legs. I call her "Jen" now but used to only call her "Sissy." She called me "Misk" circa 1990. Sometimes we still bust that one out.

Jen and her husband, Darren, live in Winston-Salem with their daughter. Before last week, I was sworn to secrecy, but they are expecting their 2nd baby in April 2013. They find out in just a week about the gender! I am so excited to be an aunt of two. She barely looks pregnant, too.

I think this is the place where I'd insert all of the fun, charming, witty, dazzling things we do together. But in reality, Jen and I just live life together and that is what I'm thankful for about her.

Life doesn't have to be grand, unique, and extra special for us to enjoy it. I think at our last get together, our "excursion" was to the new Trader Joe's in Winston. In this season of life, kids and everything, it's fun to just do life together and love each other in that place.

Jennifer is one of my favorites and while we don't look like sisters, I'm thankful we get to learn and grow with and from each other.



Classic Eyes Shut Pose

No comments:

Post a Comment