Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Food, Family, Craziness

With Tyler's Momma, Pam




Pam, Me, Aunt Tammy, and Aunt Jan


Mom's Macaroni and Cheese

Green Bean Salad
I don't have tons of pictures from Thanksgiving Day. Though I didn't vocalize it, I definitely had hopes of showing off tons of pictures like this blog, or this one — didn't happen. Not only did I not take pictures of everything we ate, I also only got a few pictures of family and decorations. I think most of this was because our trip to visit family in Florence, SC was such a whirlwind of events.

Since both families are in the same town, we maneuvered back and forth between them. We visited with my parents on Wednesday afternoon, Thursday, Tyler and his brother went duck hunting, and we did a joint Thanksgiving meal with some extended family on Tyler's side. My parents were there as well. My mom brought her amazing macaroni and cheese, and I helped Tyler's mom make green bean salad, recipe via Jamie Deen. Both were amazing. Thursday night we had the annual Flower's family watching of Christmas Vacation. It's a pretty crazy time, but lots of fun. Friday we got to see my sister and parents, and Saturday we went to the Hicks family reunion. After all of this, we finally headed back home, to Charlotte. I'll post more about life in the country soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment