Sunday, November 25, 2012

Craft Night - Paper Bag Flowers

When Kristin and I decided on a craft night a week ago, I sat down to figure out what to make. I had plenty of ideas but didn't want to run out and spend a ton of money for this particular one.

I found this fun, crafty idea on Pinterest. Then I discovered all it took were brown paper bags and hot glue. Sign me up! We already had both at our house, and I was set for a fun night of crafting.

The flowers were really simple to make. The tutorial linked above gives good instructions, but I found it was fun to play with the number of petals I put on the flowers. I also put little buds in the middle of each of my flowers instead of leaving them blank. The blog suggests hanging them on the wall with putty, but I hot glued on a little piece of twine to the back of each as a hanger.

I ended up making six and gave my sister two when we visited last weekend.

Kristin and I also decided they would be fun to make with white paper bags for her wedding next August. We may be having another craft night for some white flowers before next August.
Favorites

A gift for Jen

Small, Medium, and Large Flowers

The first Flower






No comments:

Post a Comment