Thursday, September 6, 2012

Music. Friends. Lost Kitties.

LuLu
Oh, hi. We had dinner guests last night. I spent most of the day prepping the house, getting groceries, and looking for the kitty.

LuLu had been missing for the past few days, though we haven't been worried because she typically disappears and then reappears, looking as if someone has taken her in for the night. She's a sly one.

Today was supposed to be dedicated to reading/writing/grading/prepping for teaching next week. But instead Tyler and I found a kitty on the Animal Shelter's "Lost Pets" site that looked like LuLu. So we spent his lunch time (on into 2:00) going to the shelter only to find it wasn't LuLu (relieved but not). We still aren't sure where she is, though this is pretty normal. She's an extroverted cat and thrives on visiting our neighbors. Not panicked yet.

So in the midst of a day that was supposed to be productive, I'm pondering these words from Paul:
"Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:11-13 
I'm looking forward to growth in this area. So rarely am I ever completely content with my circumstances. Wouldn't it be wonderful to spend every day in complete joy about the bad, the good, and the mundane?


In honor of LuLu, make sure you listen to the new Cat Power CD, "Sun" on Spotify or listen to a favorite oldie from her here.


No comments:

Post a Comment