Friday, September 7, 2012

It's Friday!

First of all, an update on the kitty. LuLu still isn't home, but Ethan spotted her at his friend's house the other day. Unfortunately, we've kept the "missing" factor from him, and so he didn't immediately scoop her up and bring her home. He's been informed though, and we're hoping he spots her again.

Meanwhile, we're sending an email to the neighborhood coordinator and hoping the word gets out. 

On another note, I am so excited to see these girls this weekend. 
My Lindsay, Lindsey, Anna, Caroline, and Charlotte. Me.
Except this time, instead of celebrating Caroline's little baby girl, we'll be celebrating Charlotte's little baby boy. These girls have been by my side for the last twelve years and especially kept me sane during the last eight.

I wouldn't have been able to walk through the halls my senior year of high school, six months pregnant and unsure about the future, without their respect, humor and constant encouragement.

I do know that was an overly sappy statement.

Seriously, only now do I really realize how important they were in that era of my life. I was more than confused and afraid of what others thought of me and of being a mom. But these girls had my back and all came to visit immediately after Ethan was born (plus some other great friends). I was a hot mess and they were there, all fresh from their first week of college. I love them.

I am so honored, considering their great friendship, to be able to return the favor and celebrate with Charlotte and Kevin. Look for baby shower pics soon.

Enjoy some music this afternoon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment