Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Halloween Costumes, Amelia, and the Secret Service

Thanks to my brother-in-law, Darren, I'm loving the sound of this girl here. I just love new music.

Trying to plan for the hours I'll have to spend sewing, or learning to sew, I went ahead and bought this lovely sewing pattern for children's pajamas. E decided on a the Red Ninjago, Kai, for Halloween this year.

...into this?
Turning this...
I'm hoping the pajamas (2nd to left) will make a successful ninja suit, if I use red fabric, and then E can use them the rest of the winter as pajamas. I'm hoping this plan will work so I can save money. I may be too ambitious, but more to come on that later. Any tips for sewing successfully?

Apparently there is a large secret service presence in our neighborhood today. Tyler chatted with the principal at E's school when he dropped him off, and the VP is in the neighborhood for a luncheon. I'm going for a run later, so I'll be on the lookout. On the running note, I'm keeping up with this schedule for my half-marathon at the end of October, but it's definitely been tough to stay on track since our weekends are really busy.


No comments:

Post a Comment