Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Good Morning DNC

Up until last night when we drove to the airport to pick up my friend, Jenny, for the second time, I hadn't really considered the DNC a great thing. I was concerned with the crowds, the traffic, and the craziness it would cause our everyday lives as Charlotte residents.

Duke Energy Goes Patriotic
However, the organized chaos at the airport (it really was handled well from the aspect of picking someone up) and then the Duke Energy building lit up got me in the mood for political parties (and I mean literal parties).

Then I found out all kinds of celebrities are here this week including Sarah Jessica Parker, Jessica Alba, James Taylor, Ashley Judd, Will.i.am (from Black Eyed Peas), and more.

WHICH ROCK HAVE I BEEN HIDING UNDER?

No matter my non-political views, this week is awesome for Charlotte. This morning I found out from Jenny's parents in Germany, that the rumor is Obama is arriving with George Clooney. I've since discovered that George Clooney isn't supposed to come at all. However, I think it's amazing Jenny's parents are keeping up with the DNC news more than I am. This must change.

I do have the whole week off from work...


No comments:

Post a Comment