Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Weekend Wonders - Faith, West, and Anna

Oh the joy of true friends.

This past weekend, Tyler and I traveled to Greenville, SC to visit the lovely Jones family and Miss Anna Gail Hastings. We also went for me to run this half-marathon, but that was a minor detail.

Such a lovely, serious couple (Don't you love their green walls?).
Friday night's feast before the run consisted of delicious foods Faith and I made while the boys played music and talked. Those guys. It had been over an hour of solid cooking when we finally sat down, but Tyler asked when we had possibly found time to make all of the food from scratch. 

For dinner, Faith and I made this cauliflower soup. It really was pretty easy. One Tip: We used an immersion blender instead of emptying the soup out and blending it. It was much easier this way because we didn't have to deal with piping hot cauliflower.
Roasted Cauliflower for Garnish

Soup is Served!
My favorite thing about this recipe was using the chive oil Faith made, which was really fun to drizzle on top. It was definitely hard to make a straight line, and most of our bowls ended up with polka dots of chive oil. Yes, I know. She made chive oil. Faith goes all out for visitors.

To accompany our soup, we also made these Cheddar-Chive Scones. They were amazing. I do believe I ate more of my scone than anyone else. But it's ok, because I ran a half-marathon the next day. That's what I kept telling myself.
Kneading the Dough with Bad Posture.
Finished Product
For dessert, Faith whipped up some crock-pot apples. She cored the apples and filled them with brown sugar, cinnamon, and some butter. Then she cooked them in the crock pot for a few hours. They were amazing, especially topped with Frozen Vanilla Greek Yogurt.

Anna came by after celebrating some friends at their rehearsal dinner. She had a packed weekend with little sleep: Wedding Festivities, A.M. work at Starbucks, and a half-marathon. I envy her ability to keep the momentum going.

Faith and Anna Gail
Tyler: When did you make all of this from scratch?
After dinner, the boys were amazing and washed dishes for us. I may or may not have guilt tripped Tyler into joining West. However, the ever-helpful Tyler did it with a great attitude. West is a professional dishwasher these days, and they knocked it out in just a few minutes, even though the counters and table were covered with dishes. Thanks boys.

Hard at Work
It was a great night before the marathon. Good food and real friends. Already looking forward to visiting again.


No comments:

Post a Comment