Thursday, October 11, 2012

PURE Taqueria

PURE menu on their stylish laminate tables
If you ever happen to find yourself in downtown Matthews, NC, a beautiful little suburb of Charlotte, make sure to check out PURE Taqueria. I had been longing to go to downtown Matthews on a date since I made a stop at the Dilworth Coffee near the heart of downtown. So Tyler and I headed to Matthews a few Saturdays ago for lunch.

Surprise upon surprises, PURE was offering brunch on Saturday afternoon, so I made sure to take advantage of it by ordering the Sopes de Desayuno - fried eggs on handmade masa corn tortillas, refried beans, pico de gallo, avocados, and roasted chili de arbol salsa. It was an explosion of flavor and absolutely delicious. See the picture below for a glimpse of the goodness. They had many other options I wanted to try, but this won out.

Sopes de Desayuno
Tyler got a combination of shrimp and pork tacos. He definitely loved the shrimp ones the most, so check those out if you're there. 

I really loved the decor and feel of the place the most. PURE is designed to look like an old gas station. I'm not exactly sure if they refurbished a gas station or if they built the look from scratch. I know the original in Alpharetta, Georgia was a built from an old gas station. Anyways, we sat on the semi-patio, where the paned-glass garage doors were raised. It was beautiful day, so dining al fresco was a must. But they can close the doors for bad weather, and there is always an indoor seating section if you're not one for eating outside.

Most of the building has windows, giving the atmosphere such a clean feel. I also loved being able to see through the wall to the bar on the other side of the restaurant. Tyler and I decided not to get Margaritas at two in the afternoon, but we hear they're amazing and will definitely have to go back and try one. I also hear PURE often has life music on weekend evenings, so we may have to go check out as well. I was tempted to buy one of their shirts, particularly the one designed to look old and worn out, but refrained. I still may have to go back and buy one at a later date. 

The food was authentic and delicious, the atmosphere was fun, the price was great, and our waitress was friendly. PURE is definitely worth visiting.
Handsome Date and Great Seating


No comments:

Post a Comment