Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Let's Be Honest - Hibernation


It's October 9, and I already want to hibernate under the covers all day long.

Hence, I didn't post yesterday. Hence, it's after 5 p.m. and I still haven't posted today.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not just being lazy around here. I ran five miles today, watched some kids, went to a bible study, did some laundry, but all I want to do, and mostly what my heart thinks about, is crawl under the covers with a good book. Our house is less than 65 degrees. I can't see the point in turning on the heat in October, but it definitely encourages bundling up.

I finished the Harry Potter series last night, so I'm currently between books. This poses a problem for my hibernation desire. Any suggestions for new books to read?

Here is the problem with my need to hibernate:
1. I'm not a bear, snake, or other animal. My life continues even during the winter.
2. It's not even that cold out, yet. I'm not donning my North Face (I don't have a North Face) or wearing mittens or anything. I really haven't even worn a scarf yet.
3. The south really doesn't get really cold weather in the winter, so I have nothing to complain about.
4. I teach a night class on Tuesday and have a busy day Wednesday, so there is no hope of me hibernating any time those days.

Fall Break is Thursday and Friday this week, so I bet you could find me under a blanket, a mug of hot tea nearby, and a good book in hand. Here's hoping I'll make it through the winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment