Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Nashville, Part 1 of ?

"Hey, do you guys want to go to Nashville?" Silence.   "ABSOLUTELY!"



LaCross Family
This is how the conversation went with Tyler's parents a few months ago when they said they were going to Nashville for a vacation. Oh and they wanted to take us, too! I'd never been to Nashville and had never spent a whole week with my in-laws (including my brother-in-law) so I was a bit nervous. People always tell you it's super hard to spend time with your in-laws for a whole week. Sometimes it's even hard to spend time with your own family for that long.

Ethan and Mrs. Pam - Cowboys Forever!
"A Cowboy is Born" -Pam LaCross, Photo by Tyler
But honestly, it was great. I definitely saw more differences between how our families function with schedules and traveling, but I learned not to expect Tyler's family to be like mine very quickly after we were engaged. Different isn't necessarily bad, it's just not what someone's used to or has grown around. So I tried to be happy out of my "comfort zone," and I was. I was happy. Nashville was great, and we had fun as a family.

Ethan, Jonathan, and Pam got cowboy hats while we were there. The cowboy hat has come in handy for any random Nerf fights Tyler or I have had with Ethan. It's also useful as a "helmet" while riding your horse, which I've had to explain isn't the legal standard in the state of NC. 

We went to the Grand Ole Opry and saw Rascal Flatts. Ethan didn't really enjoy the Grand Ole Opry experience until the last song. Who doesn't love the Car's theme, "Life is a Highway" (originally by Tom Cochrane)? Ethan loved it. It made the whole Opry experience worth it.


L to R: Pam, Randy, Jonathan, Tyler, Ethan, and Me at the Opry
What trip to Nashville would be complete without a trip to the Loveless Cafe? Famous for biscuits and fried chicken, this place was rockin' and had a long wait even at 1:45 p.m. Well worth it.  I love the history of this place! They got their start just handing out food to passing travelers back in the early 1950s. Back then, they used the front door of their home as their "order here" spot, and travelers only had one option: chicken and biscuits. Tyler bought me some biscuit mix at their store. I just need to buy some buttermilk and we'll be set. Everyone's invited over for a biscuit party!

No Words.


No comments:

Post a Comment