Thursday, August 2, 2012

Let's Be Honest

For the last ten or so years, I've been a snob. I've been prideful about never having read or seen a Harry Potter book or movie. I never got any of the witty jokes or references about Snape or Dumbledore and I was glad.

But no longer.

I admit it. I'm in the midst of reading the Harry Potter series (have yet to see a movie) and I love them. I even stayed up until after midnight last night. This was obviously a silly decision. I like to pretend that staying up late will not affect my attitude towards my son, husband, or the alarm clock the next morning. Oh, it does.

But I only had 30 pages left to read in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, so it all makes sense. Of course I had to stay up past my adult bedtime with the sudden death of Cedric, the battle with Voldemort, and Fudge's blind faith in his Ministry of Magic. Not to mention Tyler was trying to distract me by practicing his attempt at gymnastics after watching those Olympic men. It was enough to keep anyone awake.

So there you have it. I like Harry Potter. And I'm not ashamed to admit it. Way to go, J.K. Rowling. I'm a few years late, I know.

4 comments: