Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Lets Be Honest

I have a love and hate relationship with glasses. I love how fashionable they are and how you can be geek chic these days. One of my dear friends confessed to wearing fake glasses frequently. I keep trying to convince Tyler he would look amazing in glasses and should immediately buy some. He has not given in quite yet. I love:


and


I have a collection of glasses I wear regularly. They are prescription. I've been wearing glasses since 4th grade. If you could only see the photos at my parents' house, you'd never read this blog again. 

However, I've come to love the style attached to wearing glasses.

But this week I hate them.

Due to being in a relatively new city, being lazy about finding an eye doctor, letting my prescription expire, and wearing my contacts until they turn my eyes red all day long, I am now bound to wearing glasses 24/7 if I want to be able to see. I usually wear contacts and only wear glasses when the mood strikes. Not this week - it's the glasses.

At first, I loved it. But I've found that anything you LOVE to do immediately becomes a chore when it's no longer an option. I've found all the reasons in the world to hate wearing glasses this week.

I hate:
-how my eyes feel tired after 7 hours of wearing them
-how the lenses fog up when I walk outside
-knowing I cannot go running in glasses (I've been putting contacts in only for my run and then removing them)

The list could probably go on, but I don't want to encourage being negative. I want to encourage being content. 

So this is an homage to my favorite glasses and how much of a necessity they've become instead of a fashion statement. I hope I can appreciate you once again.








No comments:

Post a Comment