Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Fingernail Project

I bite my fingernails. It's my dirty habit that isn't so much a secret because no one thinks, oh wow, she cuts her nails really short. No one cuts their nails that short.

The only times in my whole life when I've had fingernails that exceeded my fingertip were when I was on prenatal vitamins and when I got fake gel ones for my wedding (which were a huge mistake, felt uncomfortable, and I ended up jamming one off while Tyler and I played pool on our honeymoon. Never again).

But I'm tired of ugly nails. I really don't even have the option to get a manicure, not that I'm itching to run out and get one, but it would be nice to have the option.

Hence, I introduce the Fingernail Project.

My attempts to stop biting my nails:
1. Keep them painted a light/non-overbearing color
2. Take GNC WOMEN'S Hair, Skin & Nails Formula vitamins daily
3. Whenever I think to bite or pick my nails, I will calmly and collectedly sit on my hands until the temptation passes*
4. I will post a picture of my nappy hands online weekly to show my hopeful progress and fun polish colors.

*Driving and standing up are the exceptions to this rule. In these cases, I will shove them in my pockets, put them at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel, or just separate my hands from each other at all costs.

Week 1 picture. The nail polish is a cheap-o color I found at Rite Aid. Julie's Chic Cipro.
Week 1 - Julie's Chic Cipro

BTW, Steve Martin is a dad. His wife doesn't look 41.

And I really like this song. And this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment