Saturday, February 16, 2013

Asteroid Attack

from Mashable.com

It's happening like the movies.

Asteroid Surprise. Sounds like a breakfast cereal or dog food.

But seriously, the videos of asteroids in the Russian sky look like a scene from a sci-fi thriller. Will Smith and his alien guns should at least be present to make the realistic seem more fantastic.

I guess this "not too rosy" outlook for more of these asteroids happening and people being wounded (over 1,000 to date!) doesn't really hit home that much as I've never been to Siberia, nor Russia, and it's hard to relate to their struggle here in my Charlotte bubble of snow that doesn't stick and homemade lattes from my hubby in the early afternoon.

Not that I don't have sympathy for these people. I absolutely think it's awful they experienced that, though it was an epic sight. I cannot envy or comprehend the sound of it or the ringing in their ears they will experience for days.

But doesn't it just seem contrived? With all of the post-apocalyptic literature and movies taking the stage these days, it just seems like reality is impersonating what it's read or watched. As if we humans expected something like this to happen, therefore it did.

I cannot get over this video. It just seems surreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment