Saturday, January 5, 2013

Let's Get Ready

So far, 2013 has proven as mighty as a whirlwind. I'm not saying that we're drowning over here and need some help.

I'm saying it's moving quick and mightily, and while we're hanging on for the ride. I know from half a mile away, 2013 looks beautiful as clouds and earth form a perfect funnel. But up close, it's definitely sucked us in.

As I posted before, we're planning on moving out of our townhouse into a real one with a fenced-in yard in less than two weeks. Two weeks. We weren't even planning on moving as of December 1, 2012. A friend asked how we found the house the other night and our response was more of a "it kind of found us." While we're really excited about it, we have a lot to do before the un-rented-as-of-yet u-haul comes to pick all our junk up.

Tyler and E also started back full-force to work/school on January 2. I was really underwhelmed by the short length of E's Christmas break this year, but he seemed pretty excited for 11 days off. Meanwhile, I started nannying for a family in our church and preparing for the next semester.

But surprise of all surprises, the writing company I was interested in working for, as another friend of mine works there, e-mailed to see if I'd be interested in doing contract work for them for the next six weeks. I suddenly felt put in a stew. They often don't have opportunities for new writers and while I applied last spring/summer sometime, this is the first time they've needed extra writers. This is my opportunity to get my foot in the door. This is not the time to say no.

So I said yes. As of today, I officially have five jobs this semester.
FIVE.
five.
5.

It's a little unreal how I can shove five jobs together to equal full-time work, thanks to this lovely job economy. And while I could sit and complain all day about how much hassle it is to have so many jobs/paychecks/tax issues, we have an accountant-friend who helps us out with that. My hours are also flexible, and I'm able to pick E up from school and spend extra-important time with him in the afternoons. I would not trade it for the world.

So let's get ready for a new year of firsts. It's kind of exciting, the way things change. And while it's hectic, I'd be complaining if it all stayed the same.

What are you excited about this year?

In other news, I'm looking forward to making this bread some time soon.

Breakfast babka's anyone?

I love these scarves, particularly this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment