Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Visiting the Homestead

Papa and Ethan
Opening up the 'works
A few years back, make that eight, my parents moved from the busy little town of Florence, SC into the country. I was able to live there for five of those years and really came to enjoy the massive expanse of land and beautiful sunsets. Since moving to Charlotte, visiting my parents at "The Farm" has become such a laid-back and relaxed atmosphere. It's almost as if I have stepped out of my current reality into one where text messages, Facebook, and schedules cease to exist, much less  have extreme importance.

Childhood Remembered
Double-Fisting It!
We were privileged to visit last week while Ethan was spending time with my parents. In a belated celebration of the birth of 'Merica, we went down to the firework stand and bought all the half-priced and BOGO items we could find. Ethan especially loved the "sprinklers."I find it hilariously endearing to watch my father and Ethan interact. My dad couldn't stop cracking up that Ethan was so sure they were called sprinklers. Ethan was so insistent, constantly sighing when my dad didn't believe him and could not answer because he was chuckling.

I was pretty disappointed in the lack of strength in the fireworks. Ultimately it was all worth it because Ethan loved it. Tyler even let him light some of the fireworks himself (I can't believe how old he's getting)! He even mentioned earlier today how he wished he could have  lighted the one with 96 shots in it.
Being Careful with Sprinklers

July is getting busy. Looks like we won't be headed back there any time soon. Thankful for those moments.


No comments:

Post a Comment